ARTLIFE (an acronym that stands for “A Reason to Life”) started with activities that could be traced back to 2001 when we hosted an arts and crafts exhibition titled ‘’Something to Remember”, showcasing the cultural heritage of the north-eastern people of Adamawa State. Tired of the normal way and reason exhibitions were staged, ARTLIFE creatively presented a blend of music, food and visual arts at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers, Abuja. This first major outing was well attended and profitable for the artists involved; the arts and crafts of this area have also had a wider spread since then. It was proudly supported by the Adamawa State Government, Ministry of Arts and Culture, The Arts Council, Sheraton Hotel and Towers, alongside private art collectors and numerous individuals but to mention a few.
ARTLIFE has since then been engaged in the production, buying and selling of quality art works, executing commissioned works in various visual art expressions, organizing and participating in exhibitions and expositions, training, consulting for creatively inclined issues and community development; an area which we have the greatest passion.
Our activities and objectives include:
- Using functional, visual and performing arts as a means of communicating various issues to the society
- Deepening appreciation and importance of art in children and society by providing platforms and initiating projects
- Encouraging teamwork with likeminded bodies
- Community development/Volunteer work
- Participating / Contributing in workshops/Seminars
- Research AND Mentorship
Enhancing lifestyle and productivity through well-thought-out planning, placement and management of aesthetics and physical art.